Nintendo 2DS XL Handheld Gaming System
- Compatible with Most DS Games
- Access to the Nintendo eShop
- 4.88" Top 2D Widescreen LCD Display
- 4.18" Bottom LCD Touchscreen
- Wireless Connectivity for Multiplayer
- microSDHC Media Card Slot
- Built-In amiibo Support
- Weight 9.2 oz / 261g
- 16.3 x 16 x 2 cm
- C-Stick, ZL & ZR Buttons
- Includes Stylus & 4GB SDHC Card
- 1 Year warranty
Achieve total immersion with dual large screens with the 2DS XL Handheld Gaming System from Nintendo.
The Nintendo 2DS XL is compatible with all 3DS and eShop games as well as most DS and DSi games. Designed for the family, the Nintendo 2DS XL has StreetPass, SpotPass, wireless connectivity, and even access to the Miiverse online community.
- Improved Controls
- The C stick brings added control possibilities (like intuitive camera control) to compatible games. The added ZL and ZR buttons give you more inputs than before.
- Built-In amiibo Support
- Tap an amiibo figure to the near-field communication (NFC) reader on the lower screen to enjoy amiibo features in compatible games. Get bonus items and content, customize your character, and more when you use amiibo figures (like Mario) with amiibo-compatible games.
- More Power
- Improved CPU performance over the original 2DS means faster loading times, so you spend more time playing. Many games will look and play better and several upcoming games will be built from the ground up to take advantage of this power boost.
- Play More Games
- You can still play all Nintendo 3DS games and nearly all games from the Nintendo DS and DSi.
- Data Sharing
- You can transfer your photos, music, and other files between a computer and your system's microSDHC card via a wireless network — no need to remove the card from your system.
- Improved Web Browsing
- The improved Internet browser lets you watch videos and surf the Web with ease. You can even use the ZL/ZR buttons to switch tabs or zoom in with the C stick. You can browse the web right from your 2DS XL from anywhere with a wireless Wi-Fi network. You can pause your game at any point to search a website for game hints or catch up with email and news.
- Improved Camera
- Enjoy improved results when you take photos in low-light situations.
- 3D Camera
- The Nintendo 2DS XL system can take photos in 3D, thanks to the two outward-facing lenses on the lower half of the system. Have fun with filters like the Merge lens, or even use the system's AR technology and included AR Cards to make Mii characters and Nintendo heroes appear in the real world with you. You can share your 3D photos with others by submitting them to the Nintendo 3DS Photo Showcase. Browse featured galleries or submit your own masterpiece to the Showcase. In a creative mood? You can record your own 3D videos, or 3D stop-motion animation. Please note that you cannot view them in 3D on your 2DS XL.
- Motion Sensor & Gyro Sensor
- Portable play controls allow for unique gameplay mechanics. A built-in motion sensor and gyro sensor can react to the motion and tilt of the system, so whether players are twisting their systems side to side or moving them up and down, their motion-compatible Nintendo 3DS games respond instantly.
- The Nintendo 2DS XL comes with a Stylus to allow for precise touch controls on the bottom screen.
- Two Screens
- On the Nintendo 2DS XL, a widescreen display on the top screen shows an 800 x 240 pixel resolution, allocating 400 pixels for each eye to create the 3D effect. The bottom LCD touch screen operates at a 320 x 240 resolution. Both screens are capable of displaying a brilliant 16.77 million colors.
- SD Memory Card Included
- The Nintendo 2DS XL comes packed with a 4GB SD memory card. You can use this SD memory card to store your 3D photos, sound recordings created on the system, and music from your computer. You can also use it to store games downloaded from the Nintendo eShop. The Nintendo 2DS XL features SDHC card compatibility to increase your storage space even further.
- Backwards Compatibility
- Almost all existing Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi games can be played on the Nintendo 3DS family of systems in 2D. With backward compatibility, your existing portable games look and play just as well. If you've downloaded Nintendo DSiWare games and applications on your Nintendo DSi system, you can transfer most of those games to the Nintendo 2DS XL. You can also transfer downloaded software, sounds, and images between systems in the Nintendo 3DS family. Some games cannot be transferred. See the full list on Nintendo's official website.
Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi games will be displayed in 2D graphics.
Select Nintendo DS games that use accessories in the Game Boy Advance slot of the Nintendo DS system are not compatible with the Nintendo 2DS XL.
Flipnote Studio cannot be transferred to the Nintendo 2DS XL. Nintendo will be developing a similar application for the Nintendo 2DS XL.
A system update may be required for some features.