The DJI Ronin-S is more than just a miniaturized version of the larger Ronin gimbal stabilizers; it represents a scalable ecosystem for integrating DSLR and mirrorless cameras into professional-grade workflows. The single-handed form factor of the Ronin-S lends itself to lighter camera payloads, up to eight pounds. But don’t let its size fool you; the Ronin-S has a lot going on under the hood. Separate modules are available for the handle and accessory docks, allowing you to customize the gimbal based on how you wish to operate it. While using the conventional battery grip, the Ronin-S will last up to 12 hours on a single charge.
Between the front trigger, the rear mode button, and the joystick, precise gimbal control lets you obtain the shots you require.
Automated Creative Features
- Use the Ronin-S to capture panoramic photos using precise gimbal movements.
Time-Lapse and Motion-Lapse
- Using the DJI Ronin app for Android and iOS you can control your camera to take photos at specific intervals which, when combined and sequenced in post, can yield creative time-lapse movies. You can also pre-set a path for the gimbal to follow during time-lapse photography inside the app as well. Gimbal movement adds dynamic motion to your finished product without using post-production tools that can decrease resolution.
- With the Track function, you can program a repeatable gimbal movement.
Included Focus Wheel
- A Focus Wheel is included for pulling focus with select camera systems with compatible lenses, or with a separately available focus motor. It attaches right to the side of the unit for seamless integration and a unified appearance.
Offset Roll Motor
- By offsetting the roll motor, the Ronin-S holds the camera above the roll axis, leaving the camera’s LCD screen unblocked. This design also minimizes the camera shake that occurs when transitioning from upright to underslung modes and vice versa.
- Customize the response of the Ronin-S to fit your shooting style. Two response types can be saved and instantly recalled with a single click of the mode button. Go from smooth camera movement to rapid response with the flick of a switch to be ready for any kind of shooting situation.
- The Ronin-S was built to be modular. Direct-connected and wireless accessories are supported. For example, separately available DJI control devices, such as the Master Wheels and Master Force, enhance the usability of the Ronin-S in professional scenarios. The S-Bus connection supports third-party controls compatible with that standard protocol.
- Advanced 32-bit ARM processor
DJI specialized gimbal drive motors with encoders
360° continuous rotation through slip ring
Three profile settings, including SmoothTrack and joystick parameters
Support for virtual joystick operation
Support for time-lapse, track, and panorama
Sport mode support
Roll 360° rotation support
Quick record function